Top 7 Free Android Emulators for PC (2018) – Windows 7/8.1/10 [64-bit & 32-bit] | Run Android apps on Computer PC/Laptop
Android emulators/simulators are largely required to run Android apps & games on PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) . However, choosing the correct Android emulator might become a daunting task, as if not selected properly they can really slow down your Computer (e.g Duos M) . So, here we bring you the best 7 Android emulators for your PC – Windows 7/8/8.1/10 which you can use to run android on computer
Emulator # 1 – Nox App Player – Android Emulator
Nox App Player is our preferred Android emulator to play Android games on PC / Computer (Windows 10 & 7), or to try out new android apps due to its speed.
Nox App Player is fast, plus provides lots of features such as –
- One-click root hide / unhide (disable or enable root)
- Ability to specify the CPU Processor & Ram size! which is great for gamers & app-testers to check resource usage.
- Besides, these Nox even provides Keyboard mapping for touch input. Thus, you can specify the areas where touch is to be simulated, on pressing a keyboard key! (Awesome thing for gamers)
- Plus, it even has an inbuilt GPS controller setting, by which you can even play GPS required games such as Pokemon Go directly inside Nox App Player. –>
Emulator # 2 – BlueStacks
BlueStacks is the most widely used Android emulator or Android App Player for Windows . It used to be free but now is only in Specific regions
- Easy One-click installation on the Windows System (Split-online installer as well as offline installer is available).
- Easily install 3rd party apk’s or android apps by simply double clicking on the apk files.
- No other-3rd party virtualization required (VirtualBox isn’t required).
Emulator # 3 – KO Player
KO Player is the latest entrant in this list & is a great android emulator especially when it comes to playing Android games on your Computer / PC. KO Player provides a host of great features in its android emulator such as –
- Keyboard to Touch Mapping
- Crisp Display on Bigger screens due to HD Resolution
- Ability directly record your Android emulation screen & save it as a video. Thus, enabling you to share your Gameplay easily.
- Besides, you can run multiple accounts of various simultaneously
- Since, it is made for gaming KO Player does require a good amount of RAM & graphics memory
Emulator # 4 – Andyroid – Andy OS
AndyRoid is one of its own kind Android Emulator for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 . It supports some unique features which aren’t supported by any other android emulators out there such as –
- Using your phone as remote control while playing games!.
- ARM support, You can directly install apps in your andy emulator through your host’s desktop browser!.
- As Andy is based upon VirtualBox , It doesn’t require any dedicated Graphics card to function smoothly and works well even on Intel HD Graphics.
Andyroid is very similar and may be classified as an advanced alternative to Genymotion as both of them require VirtualBox to be installed on the system. The newest version seems to have a keylogger or some shady thing. Hence, we have given the link of the older version.
Emulator # 5 – Droid4X
Droid4X is perhaps its the most interesting emulators mentioned in this article. Droid4X is designed for real Power! in the hands of user, and its features too point to the same . Droid4X has some salient features such as –
- It comes Pre-rooted, with Play Store installed .
- Its pretty fast,doesn’t lag & even allows you to configure your keyboard as a controller! for the emulator – Checkout this Droid4X tutorial for the same.
Emulator # 6 – Windroy – The Android emulator with a Windows Kernel!
Windroy is perhaps the most unique Emulators present in this article because of the fact – It completely runs using the Windows Kernel!
Windroy doesnt require any external Virtualbox support. Like bluestacks, also its quite light-weight and handy to use!. You just have to take care that the directory path wherein you install Windroy must not contain Spaces.
Click here to download Windroy with Gapps.(PlayStore Supported)
Emulator # 7 – GenyMotion
GenyMotion is another advanced Android Emulator for PC , and may be classified as a worthy alternative to/of Bluestacks. GenyMotion has advanced features like OpenGL, and hardware aceleration support. Its built on the x86 Architecture and hence is faster as compared to BlueStacks.
You need to install GenyMotion on your PC/Laptop and configure Android device on it –
Click here for complete tutorial on GenyMotion configuration (Check out the Steps after running Genymotion – They’re common for Linux as well as Windows)
So, these were the top 7 free android emulators for PC/windows , If you know of some other one do comment 🙂 , also feel free to ask any questions regarding them