Jio has become India’s leading Mobile service provider by its extensive use of high-speed data network and the latest 4G LTE technology. Though, this technology has good benefits when it comes to high-quality HD calls by VoLTE (Voice Over Long Term Evolution). It has a few drawbacks too, such as we cannot dial USSD codes example *123# type numbers by phone. Thus, we need to be dependent on My Jio App to track our Data usage.
But My Jio App also has drawbacks such as the Data remaining isn’t shown instantly, as well as the app is too slow to load. Hence, in this tutorial, we will cover How to easily check Jio Data Balance, (Internet), SMS and Call balance without My Jio app by sending a simple SMS. This method is also helpful if your My Jio app isn’t working or gets hang.
Tutorial to check Jio Internet balance (data), call minutes without using App [ My Jio ]
- We just need to send a free SMS to check the Balance on Jio.
- Go to Messages and Create a New Message.
- In the Sender field, the number to whom we need to send SMS is “199”. i.e We need to message 199
- The Text to get Balance details is “BAL” .
- Thus, you need to type the message as shown in the following image
Once you have typed the message “BAL” in the capital letters. Simply Tap on the Send button.
- You will soon receive a SMS showing your Balance validity, and Data Remaining for the day as shown –
Note – Unlike My Jio app, the data remaining shown here is instant and thus you can effectively track your data usage better.