How to Send any filetype (.zip-.rar-.apk) files by WhatsApp in Android
Its not possible to share files of any file format from WhatsApp as it doesn’t support transfer of all file formats. But many times, we may need to send a .zip , .rar , .apk or .psd any other file format via WhatsApp and its possible too by using a very simple trick! . So, here we present you a simple method which will let you send any files from your Android phone or tablet via WhatsApp .
How to Send any filetype or fileformat .rar , .apk , .zip , .psd etc from WhatsApp in Android –
- Unlike other methods which require you to use external tools & services to host your files, our method will work without any external tool & service , all you need is WhatsApp, a file explorer .
- First of all open your file explorer and navigate to the .zip / .rar / .apk or any other external file format file which you wish to send. In our case we will be sending the file “NextScripts Premium.zip” as shown in the below image –
- Now, once you have navigated to the file which you want to send, simply select the file & tap the rename option in the file explorer as shown in the following image –
- In the rename option, please add the .doc extension after the .zip extension to make the filename appear as xyzfilename.originalextension.doc , In our example it will be “Nextscripts Premium.zip.doc” after rename , as shown in the below image –
Now, Click on OK to save the rename changes to the file.
- Once, you have done saving the rename, changes open the WhatsApp app. And navigate to the chat window of the person or group where you want to send your .zip / .rar / or .apk file as shown in the following image –
Here in the chat window, please select the “attachment pin”, and then select the “document” option to open the select file window.
- In the select file window which appears, our renamed file will automatically be visible on the viewer as shown in the next image. Simply select the filename to send the file to the specified contact / group .
That’s it your file will now be automatically sent to the person you intend to send ! as shown in the following images –
On the receiver side, to open & use the .zip / .apk file, please again open File explorer .
- Then navigate to the WhatsApp Media directory – incase of non-SD card phone, its present in Internal storage . While in the case of external SD card present its present on the external card.
- Here, you can see your downloaded .zip / .rar or .apk file inside the “documents folder of whatsapp” , as shown in the below image –
Please ask the recipient to rename the file extension to remove .doc
- That’s it! you have now securely shared & sent non-supported file type via WhatsApp!. Incase of any doubts and difficulties feel free to comment.
- Recommended –
Click here for tutorial to Officially use 2 WhatsApp numbers on a Single Android.
Click here to Know on How to Create & Use Fake WhatsApp Account.
Click here for tutorial to show old last seen time on WhatsApp