3 Ways to add/install desktop gadgets for Windows 8/8.1/10 | Gadgets in Windows 8/8.1/10
Windows 7 was very cool, and one of the many things of Windows 7 which i liked were – Desktop Gadgets!. They were cool in every way, they showed CPU/Ram Status, News feed, Weather etc and lots of important stuff right on desktop!. So, i tried to add Gadgets in my Windows 8 installation and found these 3 best softwares to install desktop gadgets for windows 8/8.1 or to add gadgets in windows 8/8.1. Though, I have tested them in Windows 10 Technical preview , i hope they’ll work in the final release as well.
Way # 1 – Desktop Sidebar/Gadgets installer by Gadgetsrevised.com
This is perhaps the most simple yet safest way to add Gadgets to your Windows 8/8.1 installation . All the Gadgets, sourcefiles are from Microsoft hence assured of being virus-free.
Steps to add Gadgets in Windows 8/8.1/10 through Desktop Sidebar installer
- Download and Install the Desktop Gadgets installer by clicking here. (Just 5 MB in Size)
- Once, you are done with the installation, go to Control Panel.
- In control panel, Search for “Gadgets” .
- As shown in the alongside image, Some results for Gadgets will appear – Here select the “All Gadgets” option. (Highlighted in the Black rectangle in the alongside image).
- In the dialog-box opened, you’ll be shown various Gadgets, Now simply double-click on the Gadget you’ll like to add and voila! it will be added to your desktop!.(Highlighted in the Green Rectangle in the alongside image).
- This is the most-easiest way to install/add Gadgets on your desktop.
Way # 2 – 8GadgetPack
8GadgetPack is yet another freeware which allows easy addition of Gadgets in Windows 8/8.1/10 . besides this you can even install 3rd party Gadgets ( .gadget files) with this software likewise in Windows 7!.
Method to use 8GadgetPack
- Download and Install 8GadgetPack from here.
- Once you’re done with installing, launch the “8GadgetPack” from the Start menu, if not executed/run after the installation.
- Now, Click on the Gadgets you want to be shown, they’ll appear in the Sidebar!
- You can even disable the Sidebar fence by right-clicking in the blank area of the Sidebar and select “close sidebar” option, the Sidebar will be closed but the Gadgets will still be intact!.
Way # 3 – Rainmeter
Rainmeter provides endless Widgets and Gadgets customisability!. There are no limits for the functionality of Rainmeter and customizability provided by it – hence, I have covered them all in this separate – Rainmeter Tutorial – Windows 7/8/8.1/10 .
Providing just a sleek-peek at what Rainmeter can do –
I hope, you too will be able to add your favorite gadgets in windows, If you face any problem feel free to comment 🙂