How to Easily Install Android ADB & Fastboot on Mac OS X
Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers are required for many purposes such as installing Custom ROMs, Factory Reset, Troubleshooting device as well as for installing and uninstalling Apps. However, Installing ADB & fastboot drivers on Mac OS X isn’t easy. So, we bring you the Easiest method to Install Android ADB & USB Fastboot drivers on your Mac OS X, so that you can control phone & flash ROM’s directly from your Mac os x device.
Method to Install Android ADB & Fastboot Drivers on Mac OS X –
Step.1 Downloading & Extracting the ADB Install Scripts –
- First we need to download the necessary Adb Installation scripts for Mac, they are available in the link below –
Click here to Download ADB & Fastboot Binaries & Installation Scripts. (<10 mB)
- Now, Once the above .zip file has been downloaded, extract it to a Folder using Archive manager and open the extracted contents in finder as shown below –
Step.2 Opening Terminal & Installing the Script File –
- Now launch “Terminal” on your Mac , by Opening “Launchpad” and selecting “Terminal”. Alternatively you can also launch terminal from the utilities folder by pressing the key combination (Shift + Command + U).
- Once you have opened Terminal, Switch to the Finder app.
- There inside the extracted directory look for the file labelled “ADB-Install-Mac.sh” .
- Now, simply drag & drop that file from Finder & app to the Terminal window as shown in the below image –
Now the file name will appear inside the Terminal window.
- Hit the “Enter or Return” key.
- Once you hit the enter key it will ask you for your Account password as shown below –
Type in your Mac OS X account password and hit the Enter key.
- That’s it! Now it will execute the scripts & install the ADB & Fastboot binaries as well as the drivers. After the installation is finished it will wish you a “Nice day”, that’s it now you can run & use ADB and Fastboot on your Mac OS X as shown below –
That’s it you have now successfully configured your Mac OS X machine with Android drivers as well as ADB & Fastboot. This method has been tested on Mac OS X Yosemite , Mavericks, El Capitano versions. If you face any problems feel free to comment.