YouTube is one of the most popular across the world. The only con is that it doesn’t allow you to play music sounds if you minimize the YouTube app or website or lock your phone screen. In this article, we will cover how you can Play YouTube Music audio in background on your iPhone & iPad without Jailbreaking.
Tutorial to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone & iPad without Jailbreaking –
- We will open YouTube in a different web browser : Opera Mini to enable background playback instead of YouTube official app or Safari browser. We will use Opera Mini which is one of the oldest mobile browsers on our iOS device –
Click here to Download Opera Mini Browser from Apple iOS App Store for iPhone & iPad
- Now, tap and install Opera Mini browser from Apple App store as shown below –
Once you have downloaded & installed Opera Mini browser. Navigate and Open the YouTube Website on the Opera Mini browser
- Here Start playing the playlist or music / song you want to play in Background as shown in following screenshot-
Once the song starts playing simply open the iPhone homescreen (app icon screen) or menu. You can even lockscreen if you don’t want to use any other app simultaneously. The music playback will stop for a while, but we will start the playback now by following step.
- Now once you have locked screen / navigated to menu. Simply swipe up from bottom to the control center on your iPhone or iPad as shown below –
Now tap on the Play icon! . The Music or Song will start playing again.
- Thus, you can now open any other app or even lock your screen to listen the songs in Background .
Thus, you can now enjoy youtube song videos even without keeping the YouTube app open. The method works on all iPhones right from iPhone 5S to iPhone XS Max and iPads. (iPhone 5S, iPhone SE, iPhone 6 S, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone X and all)