3 Free apps to transfer files Android to android/PC over WiFi | Share files from android by WiFi without Internet or Bluetooth!
Gone are the days when we required Bluetooth for transferring files between phones. Not only Bluetooth file transfer is slow, but its range too is very limited! . And when we can transfer files upto 40MB in just split seconds using WiFi then why waste minutes for the same task ? . Below are the 3 Best Free WiFi transfer apps for Android which can be used to transfer files from Android to either Android or PC over WiFi without requiring Bluetooth or an Internet connection.
App # 1 – ShareIt by Lenovo
ShareIt is one of the many WiFi transfer apps present for Android, and tops the list because of its Simple and easy to use – User Interface. Using ShareIt for file transfer from android to android over WiFi is quite easy . Here’s a brief tutorial on how to use ShareIt for transfer –
- First of all Download , Install and Open the ShareIt App on both the deivces . (This is the only step for which we will be requiring Internet)
- Now, tap “Receive” on the receiver device (Make sure your Sender as well as Receiver are on the same WiFi connection) . You will see a current network name on the receiver device , Connect to the same mentioned WiFi network on your Sender device.
- After you are connected to the receiver’s WiFi network on Sender phone, open ShareIt app and tap on “Send”.
- Now select the files/photos/music/apps you want to send , and tap on “Next”.
- Now, click on the receiver’s device icon in the network radar .
- Confirm the transfer on receiver and yo! your transfer will be done within seconds!.
- Click here to download ShareIt for Android.
- Click here to download ShareIt for PC
App # 2 – Xender for Android
Xender is another app for WiFi file transfer , but its even one step ahead than ShareIt. Unlike ShareIt which is for transferring files between one sender/one receiver , Xender enables even group transfer! i.e one sender and multiple receivers . Using Xender too doesn’t require an Internet connection and is quite easy as follows –
- Download, Install and open the Xender app .
- After opening Xender app, tap on connect phone .
- Now we need to create a group in order to facilitate data transfer among the group devices, so on the sender device tap on “create group“. Once your group is created shift to the other receivers.
- Now on the receiving devices, go to “connect phone” and select “Join Group” option , now select the group created by the sender device.
- That’s it once you have joined the group simply select apps,photos,music on any of the devices and tap on “Share” it will be shared to all devices in the group!
- Click here to download Xender app for Android
App # 3 – Zapya
There were some contenders like feem, which were vying for the third spot, but it eventually went to Zapya, because of quality as well as due to the fact that feem had annoying ads. Using Zapya too is very easy, as follows –
- Download Install, and open Zapya app on the Sender device.
- Browse through the Photos, Music and Files . Simply tap on the file you want to send and click on the “Send” icon highlighted in the alongside figure.
- Now Zapya app on sender will create a WiFi group for sending the data.
- On the receiver device’s WiFi , join the WiFi network created by Sender device , and open Zapya app .
- Yo! Accept the incoming files and data on your devices with blazing speeds!
- Click here to download Zapya ap from Google Play Store
Final Verdict : Though at first these apps may sound a bit too complex and technical to use, but believe me the data transfer speeds is really very fast, and also they don’t require any internet connectivity (You can disable Cellular or Mobile data before using these apps) . Also, once you get used to the User Interface, you’ll love this new concept . Also, if you face or encounter any problems while using any of these apps feel free to comment.