3 Free Apps to take Animated GIF Screenshots on Windows 7/8.1/10 | Capture Moving Screenshots
GIFs are back again! Their ability of being able to animate like videos & to be less in size like normal static photos always make them useful for conveying information, plus their ability to loop-continuously makes them even more usable for tutorials. Basically, Windows Operating Systems capture screenshots in normal image (jpg/png) format, and there arise questions such as How to Capture Animated GIFs Screenshots on Windows? So, as a answer – Here are 3 Best Free apps which will help you capture Animated GIF Screenshots on Windows 7 / 8.1 & even Windows 10 (32-bit as well as 54-bit support)
Top 3 Free Apps to Capture Moving GIFs Screenshots on Windows –
App No.1 – Gyazo
Gyazo tops our list due to multiple features – It not only allows you to create or creates GIFs but it even instantly uploads them to the Gyazo Server, this helps in saving the time required to save the GIF Screenshot and uploading them separately – improving productivity. Besides this, Gyazo has the rare ability to record complete screen into GIF format which is perhaps the missing feature in the other two apps present in this article.
How to Record Screen in GIF using Gyazo –
- First of all Download & Install Gyazo from the below Download Link –
Click here to Download Gyazo for Windows 7 / 8.1 & Windows 10 .
- Now, Once you have installed Gyazo simply navigate to your Taskbar and look for the Gyazo icon as shown in the alongside image.
- This shows that Gyazo is running now to capture GIF simply “right click” and select “Capture GIF” option , else you can press the keys “ctrl+shift+g” to capture GIF anytime.
- Now, once you press the Key combination, it will show you a plus ‘+’ sign, asking you to select the area to capture – Now select the rectangular area whose GIF is to be recorded, by clicking the left mouse button until you draw the rectangle as show below –
Now, it will start recording the selected area for actions (moving pointers,images etc) as shown below –
Once the blue bar is filled, it means that your GIF is ready and it will start uploading your GIF to their server.
- That’s it! Now once the upload is done (5 seconds) it will open a URL with your recorded GIF link which is ready to be used anywhere. Congratulations! You have successfully uploaded your Animated GIF Screenshot.
App No.2 ScreenToGIF
ScreenToGIF is a very easy, neat and simple to use utility to capture your Screenshot in GIF format in the most efficient & easy way. It also provides functionality to apply various filters to the GIF like Sepia etc, as well as it even lets you add text to the GIF . Following is the method to record GIF using ScreenToGIF –
- First of all Download & Install ScreenToGIF from the below link –
Click here to Download ScreenToGIF for Windows.
- Now, its a single .exe file, which on execution directly gives you a window with a transparent body as shown below –
Here, drag the window to the location you want to record into GIF using the Title bar, you can also re-size the recording window using the “maximize” button or by extending the window by its edges.
- Once, you are onto the area you want to record simply hit on the “Record” button as highlighted by blue box in the previous image, the app will now start recording the screen within the app’s frame into GIF. Once you are done with taking the Screencast simply click on the “Stop” button to stop the Recording. It will now show you a preview window as shown below –
You can now Play your GIF Preview, or simply Click on “Done” as highlighted by the blue box to save your GIF! .
- That’s it, you have successfully captured another Animated GIF Screenshot on your Windows PC ( Computer) or Laptop.
App No.3 LICEcap
LICEcap is just 220kB in size, but packs a big punch in it features. The method to use LICEcap is similar to that of Screen To GIF and their UI too are similar. Inorder to capture Moving GIF Screencasts using LICEcap you need to perform the following actions –
- Download & Install the LICEcap app from the below link –
Click here to Download LICEcap for Windws 7 / 8.1 /10.
- After installing, execute LICEcap , now it will show you a window similar to that as we saw in S To GIF as shown below –
Simply resize the window to the portion of Screen you want to record into the GIF and click on “Record” button.
- Once you click on “Record”, the buttons will change to “Pause” & “Stop” as shown below . Now click on “Stop” once you’re done with the recording.
- Now, in the File-Explorer box, it will ask you to input name for the GIF file, simply type here the name for the GF and click on “Save”.
- That’s it you have successfully recorded your screen into GIF.
So, these are the best free apps to Record / Capture Screen into GIF format on Windows . If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to comment .