Heya folks, E-Mail or electronic mail is the most widely used means of communication over the Internet , also its kinda an impression of a person’s online identity. GMail is one such popular e-mail service provided by Google!. But do you know that a single or even one GMail ID can be used as multiple ID’s which we can use to perform multiple sign-ups ! , thus saving the troublesome task of creating multiple e-mail accounts for different accounts on a single site . A single Gmail ID can thus be tweaked to be camouflaged as different or multiple e-mail ID’s . Let’s have a look onto 3 of such best tricks to use a single 1 gmail ID as multiple ones or many ids.
Assumption : I will be explaining all the tricks in the article using our default GMail ID for the website – techapple.net @ gmail . com. I will be using this single gmail id to get mails from multiple ids without even creating them!
Trick # 1 – Gmail dot (.) trick
- This is one of the most widely used techniques to use a single E-Mail ID to sign-up for multiple accounts .
- The Gmail dot trick consists of inserting any number of dots (.) or fullstop/period in your gmail ID username to show them as different IDs .
- Thus, even if you send an email / or request an email on techapplenet @ gmail . com or t.e.c.h.a.p.p.l.e.n.e.t @ gmail . com it will arrive in the same e-mail ID! . (The original one)
- The sign-up or other websites though treat them as different e-mail accounts, but in Gmail they are one! , so thus you can use a single gmail account id as multiple ones, I use this trick pretty much on signing up for free trial websites which provide freebies based on e-mail IDs.
- So, Gmail dot trick in short –
Trick # 2 – GMail plus (+) trick
- This is yet another Gmail tip which will benefit you greatly , Its also similar to the GMail dot trick but instead we append + sign at the back of our GMail ID, with some letter or word at the end.
- So, for example if the original gmail id is [email protected] , Sending an email to or requesting an E-Mail on all of the below combinations will send the e-mail on [email protected] 😛
- Thus , In Gmail plus (+) trick the E-mail id too will appear as different and unique to other websites requiring sign-up but in the end the Gmail id or account used is again one!
Trick # 3 – Using @googlemail.com instead of @gmail.com
- You can also substitute @gmail.com at the end of the G-Mail id with @googlemail.com , The E-Mail will still be sent to your original ID!
- Googlemail.com is the official gmail domain name for UK and Germany users, so you ca even use [email protected] to create a new account on a particular website if [email protected] is used.
- Thus, long story short –
Example of using the above technique –
We have our Gmail ID registered as [email protected] , you can check how we used each of the above combiation and still received the e-mail on our default ID.
Thus, you can use one or even all of the above methods to create multiple email or gmail ids for yourselves on just a single account! . The permutations and combinations possible are infinite! , also If you have queries/suggestions feel free to comment 🙂