The best location sharing app for Android and iPhone
Many parents who want to use an App to share locations of their children. There are several apps to share locations for Android and iPhone (both free and paid). To help you save time, I have listed the 5 best location-sharing apps you can try here.
Why do we need an app to share a location?
Before listing our top 5 apps for sharing locations, it is important to know that the location-sharing app works as a GPS tracker, but using the app will drain the battery quickly. These are some of the main reasons to use a free or paid location exchange application:
- If you are a parent, you can know the real-time location of your children without calling them. For example, you can check if they attend school or a friend’s house from your phone.
- It will also inform you about the location of your friends and other family members.
- A location sharing application also has a geofence function so you know when a contact enter or leave a restricted area.
- If your friend or family member is in trouble, you can locate and help them instantly.
If you are looking for the best location sharing application that works as a personal GPS tracker on both iPhone and Android, you must choose mSpy. There are dedicated versions of the application that run on both standard devices and rooted/released devices. You can remotely know the location of different devices in your Control Panel at any time.
- With mSpy, you can track the specific location of any device (iPhone and Android) remotely from your control panel.
- You can install the application on different devices and manage them together in one place in your Control Panel.
- There is a provision to establish multiple geofences and receive instant notifications each time the other user leaves or enters the area.
- The tool can also help you access the history of previous locations or device routes on your dashboard.
- If you wish, you can also hide the presence of the application and spy on the location of another person without notifying them.
- It also offers tons of other device tracking features such as keylogger, access to contacts, call logs, messages, social media details, photos, videos and much more.
2. Find my friends
Find my Friends is the native application developed by Apple for iOS devices. Therefore, if your device works with iOS 10 or later versions, you can use this free application to share locations. You must request the other users and they must permit you to share their location beforehand.
- Find my Friends will let you know the real-time location of your friends and family (if the GPS feature is enabled on your device).
- A user can grant and revoke permissions to share the location at any time.
- There is also a provision to establish restricted areas and receive notifications every time the user leaves or enters the location.
- Since the application is only available for iOS devices, you cannot track the location of any other Android device that uses it.
3. Find my iPhone
Finding my iPhone is not essentially a shared location, but a location tracking application. It is an application built into iOS devices that allows us to track the real-time location of our phone and protect it from theft. However, if you know the credentials of the other user’s iCloud account, you can easily monitor their location.
- To know the location of another person, you must know your linked Apple ID and password.
- Besides, the Search My iPhone feature must be enabled on your iPhone.
- It allows us to locate the real-time location of a device and even call it remotely from the iCloud website> Search my iPhone.
- It is available for free and is only restricted to iOS devices.
4. Google Maps
Yes, you read that right. Google Maps has evolved to become more than just a navigation application. By using it, you can also share the location with your contacts for as long as you choose. Besides, this free application for sharing locations works smoothly on all leading Android and iOS devices.
- The application is extremely easy to use and will allow you to share your location with your Google contacts.
- You can select the specific duration to share the location and enable/disable it whenever you want.
- As it is based on Google Maps, the results would be extremely reliable.
- It works smoothly on all leading iOS and Android devices.
If you want to use a lightweight but better location-sharing application that works on both Android and iPhone, you can also try Glympse. In addition to sharing the location, it will also allow you to chat with your contacts.
- You can remotely verify the location of your contacts from your phone.
- Supports the cross-platform exchange of locations between Android and iPhone.
- An additional ETA function is provided to inform you how far your contacts are.
- It is a free application for sharing locations that are extremely easy to use.