[Working] Nintendo 3DS Emulator for PC – Windows 10 / 7 / 8.1 [Download for 32-bit & 64-bit]
Nintendo 3DS gaming console is one of the most widely used gaming consoles even today. Its because of its ability to show stereroscopic 3D effects without 3D glasses, as well as Augmented Reality features. Also, since all 3DS can play Nintendo 2DS games, its one of the most sought after consoles.
But, you can even play Nintendo 3DS games on your PC – using Nintendo 3DS Emulator for PC. Though, there are many sites and emulators which claim they can run 3DS games, the reality is different. They simply put the users through survey sites. In this article we will cover how you can play Nintendo 3DS games on your Pc or laptop using Citra 3DS emulator for Windows 10 / 7 / 8.1
Working Nintendo 3DS Emulator for PC / Laptop –
- As we covered earlier, there are only a few working Nintendo 3DS emulators for Windows . Those are –
- Citra 3DS Emulator (Used in this article, latest + constantly updated)
- TronDS (works only with Homebrew Games & Roms)
- Thus, Citra-emu is currently the most recommended and trusted 3DS emulator to play 3DS games on Windows systems. You can download the latest Citra Emulator installer from the link below –
Click here to Download Citra 3DS emulator for Windows 10 / 7 / 8.1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
How to Play Nintendo 3DS Games on Windows 10 / 7 / 8.1 (PC & Laptop) –
- Considering, you have downloaded the Citra-emu (3DS emulator), we will cover how you can install Citra and play 3DS games on it.
- Note – You will also require 3DS or 2DS game ROM you intend to play. We will recommend decrypted ROMs as those work best with the emulator. A simple google search for “citra 3ds roms” will give a lot of ROMs and games which can be played.
- So, considering you already have downloaded citra-emu for 3DS & have game downloaded. We will proceed to the next step. Incase, if you haven’t downloaded Citra here’s the link again –
Click here to Download Citra-emu for 3DS (Windows 10 / 7 / 8.1)
- Once, you have downloaded the Citra emulator setup, double click to open the Citra installer. You will be presented a screen as shown below –
Here click on the “Next” button to proceed to the next step. In the next step it will ask you for the installation directory as shown in the below screenshot –
Here click on “Next” to proceed to the next step.
On the next step, it will prompt you to select one or more out of Citra Canary, and Citra Nightly versions.
- Here, on this step select “Citra Nightly” version. The canary version is comparatively ustable and untested as compared to Nightly build. Hence, please select the “Citra Nightly” version as shown in the image below –
Now, after clicking on “Next” , you will be redirected to the License agreement screen. Here select the “I agree and accept the license” option and click on Next.
- That’s it . Citra-emu will now start installing on your system. Please wait a while until all the files are downloaded & installed by the emulator as shown below –
Once, the installation is complete. We will now, look at loading and playing the game on Citra-emu
Loading & Playing the game on Citra-emu –
- Once, the installation is complete, launch the Citra emu from the Start menu icon. It will now display a screen as shown below –
- Here go to “File – > Load file” option , and now select the game/ROM file of the nintendo 3ds game you want to play.
Once, you have selected the .3ds or .3ds game ROM file. Click on “Open”.
- That’s it! . Citra emulator will now playing the Nintendo 3DS game right on your PC / Computer as shown below .
Congratulations! you have successfully installed and launched Nintendo 3DS games on your computer and saved the cost of a console. All the functionalities such as sound, split screen , tags are implemented inside the Citra emulator.
- Incase, if you face any queries or have any doubts feel free to let us know in the comments section below.