There are only a few working emulators for Mac OS X right now , and one of them is Andy OS Emulator. Andy is based upon VMware and hence can work even on older mac’s such as Macbook Pro 2011 , iMacs with even 4gb of ram and Intel HD Graphics. Thus, if you intend to play android games on your macOS device Andyroid is a good option. In this tutorial, we will cover how to Download & install Andy OS for Mac OS X .
Tutorial to Download & Install Andy OS on Mac OS X | El Capitan, Mavericks, Yosemite, Sierra, Mountain Lion supported!
- The first step to Install Andy Emulator on your Mac is to download the Andy OS emulator .dmg file on your Mac –
Click here to Download Andy OS Emulator for Mac (.dmg file)
- Once you have downloaded the .dmg file, click on it to open. The installer will now ask you to start the installation by double-clicking the “Box” icon as shown in the figure below –
Once you have double-click on the box icon, it may ask you for account password to finish installation as the android drivers require admin privileges.
- In the new Installation window, Click on “Continue” to proceed with the Andyroid installation as shown –
Once you click on “Continue” , Andy will now download the necessary android libraries from the internet, this is done to ensure that the android version has latest security patches installed .
Once the latest Andy files are downloaded, it will start installing the Android emulator as shown below, please wait as this process may take some time –
- Once Andy is successfully installed, it will show “Installation Completed” message as shown in the following image –
Click on Finish to complete the installation.
- Now, launch Andy via the launchpad to Enjoy playing Android games and apps on your Mac OS X device – mac mini, iMac , Macbook Air / Pro . Andy also has inbuilt Google Play Store so you can easily install Android apps from Andy emulator itself!
- Click here to Download Andy OS Emulator for Mac OS X
- Incase of any queries / difficulties feel free to comment below .