Recently, Facebook has started autoplaying Videos & GIFs without user content in its news feed which is a bit odd, considering your feed suddenly stops playing videos resulting in distractions. Not only does the facebook autoplay distracts from the news feed, but it also consumes your Data/bandwidth which is precious. But to our choice, We can disable & stop Facebook autoplay of Videos by the following easy methods –
Steps to Disable AutoPlay of Videos on Facebook PC Version –
Method 1 – Quick Fix
- Navigate to the Video Settings Page of Facebook by Clicking the Link Below –
https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=videos (Facebook Video Settings Link).
- Now,you will see many options, Select the tab “Auto-Play Videos you will see the a drop-down box with label as”Default” activated, Click on it and Select the option “Off” as shown in the option below –
That’s it once you Click on Off (It will be highlighted and when active it will replace the earlier “Default” option which was highlighted earlier) return to your news feed, Your Facebook Auto-play will be stopped!.
Method 2 – Manual Fix
First of All Log-on to your Facebook account and then look for the “Down” arrow at the Top-Right Hand Side (The arrow which you use to log-out from Facebook). Click on the “Down” arrow.
- Now, Select or click on the “Settings” option which is right there above the Logo-out option.
- Once you Enter the Settings Page, Look out for the “Videos” option in the right-hand side pane , Its present right at the end as shown in the Image below –
Click on the “Videos” option to enter its settings, and there you’ll find options such as Video Default Quality, and Auto-Play Videos .
- Now, in the Option “Auto-Play Videos you will see the a drop-down box with label as”Default” activated, Click on it and Select the option “Off” as shown in the option below –
That’s it once you Click on Off, return to your news feed, Your Facebook Auto-play will be stopped!
Steps to Disable Facebook Autoplay on Facebook App / Mobile Site (The Method will work to disable Facebook autoplay on Facebook Android app as well as iPhone / iPad app too!)
- First of all Open the Facebook App, and click on the “Hamburger” icon at the right hand side as shown in the image below –
Now Scroll-down among the options until you find the “App Settings” option as highlighted above.
- Now tap on “App Settings” to enter it , And now Tap on the “Videos Play Automatically” option shown below (By Default its On, We need to Disable it) Tap on the Videos Play automatically option —
Now, it will show a pop-up with options such as “On”, “Wi-Fi only” and “Off” as shown below – Please select the “Off” option –
That’s it! You have successfully stop facebook autoplay of videos.